Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Well we had quite the exciting Mothers Day. Jacob took a spill in nursery during church and got a carpet burn on his forehead and nose, he was already pretty grumpy from that. Upon returning from church I took him outside to test out our new Nikon D90 camera and get some Mothers Day pictures and he took another spill, this time on the hard concrete, right on his nose, I freaked and picked him up and turned him over and he scraped his little nose up good, it was bleeding and he was screaming, this was his first real accident besides a bump here or there in the past. Well I finally calm him down and get him cleaned up as well as making him happy with a few mixed berry yogurt melts :). We finally get to the picture taking and James was able to get a couple with the new camera before Jacob had enough and was ready for a nap.

We went out to eat at Maggiano's with the whole family and I purposely made a reservation since I knew we had such a large party, party of 10. Well reservations obviously mean nothing on Mothers Day because we still had to wait 45 mins! I was furious, the babies were cranky, it was so crowded we couldn't move, etc. Finally we get seated, Jacob is having a fit because he's hungry. Finally things calmed down a bit and we took some pictures during dinner, these were taking with our regular olympus camera because I won't take my Nikon D90 out because I don't have a bag for it yet and I don't want it to get dirty in any way. So besides all the drama that occured on Mothers Day, I still made the most of it.

James took me out alone the following night (tonight) and we had a nice, quiet dinner alone for a change, he surprised with a place neither of us had ever been but always wondered about, its called The Old Vinings Inn, it was great, very calm, relaxing atmosphere and the food was very good, so I had a great night tonight. Here are some pictures, as always....



Not looking happy


Testing out the new Nikon D90


Mommy kisses


James and I at Maggiano's


My two boys and I


James and I


Nana and Jacob


My mom and I


Mommy and Jacob on Mothers Day


Our dinner night alone

No comments: