Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good vacation in Helen, GA

My family and I took a trip to Helen, GA this past weekend, for those of you who haven't a clue what Helen, GA is, its a high tourist area that is set in a German theme, it feels as though your in Germany, all the stores, restaurants, scenery, streets, names of things, all German theme, its a neat little attraction. We arrived on Saturday morning around 11:45am, got our keys to our cabin and headed up a small mountain to our 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom cabin. Myself, James, Jacob, mom, dad, two of my three brothers, two nieces, and close family friend (that I also call my brother) all came and stayed in the cabin. After checking into the cabin we headed to lunch at a place called Hofers, James wanted to go back there because we ate there several times a year and a half ago on our 3rd anniversary and he fell in love with their homemade cream puffs.

Our cabin
Photobucket

After lunch we headed to Anna Ruby Falls, a beautiful little hike with wonderful scenery leading to these gorgeous falls at the end of the 1/2 mile hike. We had two strollers going, my gracious it was tiring but we took turns pushing and I was happy that I was burning off some of those calories from our ever so fattening German lunch.

Pictures from Anna Ruby Falls
Photobucket

James and our niece Taylor
Photobucket

The guys, minus one brother
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nana and Jacob
Photobucket

Papa and Jacob
Photobucket

My niece Shayna and I
Photobucket

After the tiring day hiking we headed back to the cabin where my mom made dinner for most of the family, though James and I took this time to go out for a nice dinner alone while my mom kept Jacob at the cabin, the restaurant was pretty decent, we enjoyed the little alone time but were very ready to see our little boy when we got back.

Saturday my mother and I cooked a big breakfast for everyone and than myself, James, brothers, sis in law, and 4 year old niece went tubing, its the main attraction in Helen. You pay $5 a person and get a big inner tube and float down the river that surrounds Helen, some parts of this river have rapids so it was mighty exciting but tiring too! Their were lots of rocks sticking out of the river and we kept getting caught on them, but it was a lot of fun. My parents are not into that stuff so they stayed back with the babies.

When we returned from tubing we ate lunch and than headed to Hiawassee, GA to go to The North Georgia Mountain Fair...well...we should have done our research and discovered that the fair closed early on Sunday's and we got there 30 mins after it closed, we were bummed that we drove 30 mins through tons of winding roads to get there. Their was a neat little recreation park and beach across the street though and we let my niece play on the playground while we enjoyed the beautiful mountain scenery and boats zooming by in the big lake, we got a lot of great pictures out there.

Here is some picture from the lake and park in Hiawassee

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this picture
Photobucket

Photobucket

Like my adopted bro, Mar and Jacob
Photobucket

Brother Anf and Jacob
Photobucket

Photobucket

Aunt Tanya and Jacob
Photobucket

Shayna and I
Photobucket

James and Shayna
Photobucket

Photobucket

After we left Hiawassee, it was back to Helen to eat at a restaurant called Bigg Daddy's...it was pretty good. Well, the trip was basically over at this point though we did shop around a bit at some of the unique shops on Monday before we went home, we had to stop at the Hansel and Gretel candy factory, we got lots of yummy fudge to take home.

Our last day
Photobucket

Haha, we did this a year and a half ago and had to again
Photobucket

Guys being goofy
Photobucket

It was a pretty nice, relaxing trip, we had a very nice 6 person hot tub at the cabin that we took advantage of, we turned the heat down a bit and let Jacob go in, in his float, he loved it and got mad when we took him out lol.

Enjoying the hot tub
Photobucket

Well, that about sums up my trip, God Bless!

No comments: